Chief Operating Officer
Location: 📍 Berlin, Germany
Hours: Full time
Type of Work: Hybrid – Office/Remote
The Chief Operating Officer is not just a role—it's a mission. A mission to drive operational excellence, embody approachability, and execute visionary strategies that propel Dance Masterclass forward. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who thrives on analytical rigor, champions data-driven decision-making, and has an innate ability to make the complex seem simple.
In your role, you will lead the Finance, Performance Marketing, Support and HR functions. A large portion of what we are looking for is someone who can autonomously manage and grow the team while protecting the time of the founders.
We are looking for someone who craves responsibility as well as looks forward to being a leader at Dance Masterclass. You are hungry for a challenge and excited to build and grow. You resonate with our core values and understand that our pursuit of becoming the „Netflix“ for the dance world is not just about financial growth—it's about a mindset of unparalleled excellence and commitment to create the best learning experiences for dancers and teachers around the world.
- Strategic Execution: Translate the vision set by the CEO into actionable plans. Prioritize effectively, focusing not on doing everything, but on executing the important things exceptionally well.
- Operational Leadership: Oversee day-to-day operations, ensuring they align with the company's financial and strategic goals. You own your responsibilities and lead by example, setting a high bar for accountability, performance, and problem-solving.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Leverage analytical insights to understand performance, optimize operations, and identify new opportunities for growth. You will utilize data to inform decisions and inspire a metrics-focused approach across the team.
- People-Centric Approach: Be the person everyone in the company knows they can talk to; be their safe space. Foster an environment of openness, inclusivity, and high engagement, building trust through transparency and consistent communication.
- Infrastructure for Growth: Oversee the robustness of HR, and financial systems, ensuring they are equipped not just for current operations but are scalable to support rapid growth and to safeguard the company's assets and reputation.
- Company Cadence and Rhythm: Assess and design the company's operational tempo and cadence, optimizing meetings, feedback loops, systems, and processes to support and catalyze growth, while maintaining operational efficiency and employee well-being.
- Clear KPIs that show the health of all departments and team performance.
- Resources are properly distributed within company including (but not limited to) overhead, utilization of teammates, tools, and where time of each teammate is spent
- Company maintains a “team” culture
- Teammates are held accountable and performance is measured on a consistent basis this should include 1-1’s, quarterly performance reviews, and annual reviews.
- Company see’s steady growth throughout the year and the next
- New initiatives are rolled out properly with impeccable project management and change management procedures in place to ensure success.
- Company remains legally and financially protected
- Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly goals are set and assigned ownership based on roles and departments along with deadlines
- Team members have a clear understanding of how they can grow within the company (career advancement opportunities) and have the appropriate support systems (eg. training programs, management training).
- Incredible executor. You are given a project with loose directions and the team can trust you to work backwards, build a clear action plan, and successfully complete the project while hitting your deadlines.
- Experience in company management from 1-10M+ in revenue
- Proven experience as a COO or relevant role in a SaaS environment.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities, including interpersonal communication and team-building skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving, with a strong emphasis on data analysis and interpretation.
- 70.000 € + 40% bonus
Please send us an email with your CV and a selfie video (max. 3 mins) in which you answer the following 3 questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What do you know about Dance Masterclass?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 years?
(We assure you that your video and personal data will be handled with complete discretion and confidentiality).
We are looking forward to your email!